Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Original Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

What can I say? I always enjoy a classic. Especially one that I feel I'm close to mastering. Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies are my fallback, and as my coworkers can tell you, I bring them in to share on a pretty regular basis. This is one recipe that I don't ever put any new flair into because I think it is quite perfect just the way it is.

That being said, I've always wondered if it would taste just as delicious without the chocolate chips. Almost sugar cookie-ish, only better. I'm not a huge fan of the sugar cookie, and I absolutely love this batter. In fact, sometimes I don't even want to eat the finished product, just enjoying the leftover batter off of the beaters and bowl is enough for me. It is by far the best part.

Cheers to a glass of milk!

Original Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 5 dozen cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat your oven 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a rounded tablespoon of batter onto ungreased baking sheet.



Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment