Monday, March 22, 2010

Carrot Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting



So this is a very exciting week for me, I have my first ever PAID baking gig. I will be preparing all the desserts for my Uncle's open house this coming Thursday. I am making a variety of mini desserts including cupcakes, bars + cookies. I have never made carrot cake at home and they are part of Thursday's dessert menu so I thought I would use my day off to try out a recipe. I found a highly rated recipe on allrecipes.com and then used the added suggestions from the various reviews. They turned out moist and full of flavor and I paired them a vanilla mascarpone frosting instead of regular cream cheese, it was perfect!

Enjoy.

Mini Carrot Cake

4 eggs
1 1/4 c oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
8 oz. crushed pineapple
3 cups grated carrots

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat together eggs, oil and sugars. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in pineapple and carrots. Bake (mini) 15-18 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/3 c mascarpone cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 cups confectioners sugar

Mix cream cheese, butter, mascarpone cheese and vanilla together until creamy. Gradually add in confectioner's sugar and whip until light and fluffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment