Monday, September 14, 2009

Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes



Chocolate is a passion of mine. I love it, need it, have to have it.... sweet, bitter, dark, milky, melted, chips, chunks, sauce, syrup, with pastry, on fruit, with peanut butter or hazelnut, ah the possibilities are endless.
My mom told me about an Ina Garten recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache, she had already purchased the ingredients so I just had to throw it all together.

These little babycakes are fabulous, rich with chocolate and perfectly moist. This is definitely a recipe that will be a repeat... I’m thinking a layer cake variation?

Anyway, I found out that my cousin Nikki had made these cupcakes over the weekend and raved about the recipe to my Mom. So here is my version of the Ina Garten recipe. Make these, enjoy them, they might be the best homemade cupcake I’ve made, ever.



Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
Adapted from Ina Garten

Ingredients
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 16 ounces Hershey’s chocolate syrup
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup flour

Ganache:
  • 8 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp instant coffee granules

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and mix until combined, be careful not to over-mix the batter or the cupcakes may become tough.

Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.

For the ganache:
Using a double broiler, melt the chocolate chips, cream, and coffee granules together, stir the mixture until it becomes smooth.

Dip warm cupcakes in the ganache and then cool on a wire rack.

I topped my cupcakes with small pieces of a chopped Hershey’s Skor bar to add a little crunch. Mmm… enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment