Sunday, January 10, 2010

Paris in Park Slope


Ham and Cheese Croissant


I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I am going to give it a try. In 2010, I am going to deeply explore the borough in which I live: Brooklyn. Most of my days and nights are spent in Manhattan, causing me to miss out on many of the great bakeries, restaurants, bars and stores that are right outside my door. So this year, I am going to try and undertake frequent local explorations.

I ventured out into the 20 degree weather this morning in search of a delicious pastry. After about a 10 minute walk, I stumbled upon Colson Patisserie, a delightful French bakery in Park Slope.


The pastries were very authentic. I ordered a Morning Roll, a light, sweet and flaky roll that paired perfectly with my cup of morning coffee. Dan ordered a ham and cheese croissant. While I don't particularly like savory pastries, I have to admit that the croissant was delicious! And although I didn't have a chance to try one on my first visit, Colson Patisserie is apparently famous for their Financiers, the little French cookie cakes. I will definitely be back for some of those!

Morning Roll

Some more goodies at Colson Patisserie

What is your favorite local spot to grab a morning pastry?

No comments:

Post a Comment