Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lessons in Waiting



Good things come to those who wait.

Well... that is not always the case. I recently lost out on a great opportunity because I waited too long. Shocking because I am not a person who likes to wait. I had finally made the decision to go to pastry school, I was so excited and sure of my decision, but unfortunately because I waited (literally) until the last minute the program was full.

Today however, trying to practice my pastry patience, a skill I'm trying to develop- I enjoyed the slow process of making chocolate croissants. Timing is of the essence with pastry; waiting for the dough to rise, chill, rise again and rise once more, the process was long but the results were tasty.

For now my pastry school adventure will be put on hold, in the meantime I will try to learn and practice patience... a new years resolution perhaps?

Chocolate Croissants
From The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri

Uhh, no one is going to take the time to make these... the recipe is super long. I will type it up, but at a later date. (see... my patience really does need work)

No comments:

Post a Comment