Thursday, April 22, 2010

Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars + Baker's Block

I have been experiencing a serious case of baker's block in the past couple of weeks. My pictures are uninspired + my baked goods have been boringggg. You would think with the great weather + sunshine we've been having that I would be happily fluttering around the kitchen... wrong. I've been tired + crabby (if you haven't noticed already). Luckily my "feeling sorry for myself" period has recently passed + I received some beyond exciting news yesterday (which I will share very soon). Here is a recipe for Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars that I made a while ago. They were good, tasted just like a soft sugar cookie + they take almost no time at all.

I know they are ugly. I know the purple color of the frosting is not appetizing. Let's just say these bars represent my recent period of wallowing + baker's block. Lastly, thanks to my new photo light box for not working at all. I'm super glad I spent time + money ordering you from ebay. (wonk, wonk debbie downer strikes again)

I promise there will be better posts coming soon.

Sugar Cookie Bars
Makes 24 bars

1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13 x 18 inch sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixture, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium high. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla. Add the flour mixture in 2 addition, mixing until just combined.

Press the cookie dough into the sheet pan, using a greased spatula or parchment paper to spread it evenly. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.

Click here for a buttercream recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment