Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baking News and Oatmeal Scotchies


It's been a busy week for me, I got a new job at a bakery! Thanks to my Aunt Donna they hired me without having any real baking experience. I am pretty much the official counter girl for the up-coming holiday season but I am baking as well, which is super exciting. Tuesday was my first day, along with learning the products and register functions I made snickerdoodle cookies with the owner. All the girls at the bakery are amazingly wonderful and sooo helpful. I am really lucky to have found such a great place to work and I'm already learning a lot from watching these talented bakers!

Here is a recipe for Oatmeal Scotchies that I made for my momma, she said they are her favorite but I'm pretty sure I've never seen her eat one of these before. Anyway, this recipe is straight off the toll house bag... enjoy.

Toll House Oatmeal Scotchies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Baker's Note: I made some with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment